Dark Circles Causes
Puffiness of eyes remedy
1-Dark Circles around eyes are generally due to a lack of sleep, fatigue, stress, deficiency or some disease. Dark circles may be hereditary.
2-Nasal congestion can also cause dark under eye circles.
3-Chronic atopic eczema on skin can cause dark circles.
4-They may also be due to aging which thins the skin around the eyes.
Eyelid swelling or eye puffiness can produce shadows producing light dark circles.
Try one home remedy at a time to get rid of the dark circles.
- Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday.
- Take all precautions to avoid strain on the eyes.
- Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, specially for people having dark circles under their eyes.
- Do not leave cream on the skin around the eyes for long periods. Remove the cream applied around the eye after 10 min. No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.
- Close your eyes and cover eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.
- Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice (equal parts) on the dark circles 2 times a day.
- Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.
- Crush some mint and apply it around the eye.
- Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 2 weeks and see the improvement. Almond is very good skin food and helps to remove dark circles.
- Rub the area with a powdered Vitamin E capsule and wipe off with a mixture of honey and egg white. This will reduce darkness around the eye.
- Put hot and cold clothes alternatively under eyes for 10 minutes. Then apply some almond oil on the dark surface before going to bed.
- The acupressure point for eyes is on the mount below the index finger of your palms. Pressing this mount may help
Bags Under Eyes - Puffiness of Eyes Remedy:
Causes of Eye Puffiness
Heredity, lack of sleep, excessive crying, stress, high sodium intake, allergic reaction, excess consumption of alcohol, sinus problems, irritation from contact lenses can cause bags under eyes.
- Raise the head of your bed at night. This helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your eyes as you sleep.
- Place a bag of frozen vegetables in a thin cloth over closed eyes for 10-15 minutes and keep your head upright.
- Tie some potato grates in a cloth and place over eyes for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place chilled cucumber slices over eyes for about 20 minutes.
- Place damp tea bags over eyes for about 20 minutes. Chamomile tea is better because it has anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce the puff.
- Apply vitamin E or olive oil.
- Practice the exercise for eye puffineness daily.
- Apply a 1:1 mixture of cucumber juice and lemon juice for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply a cool tap water compress to the skin under your eyes for about 15 minutes.
For better Vision:
- Eat vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin A.
- Immerse carrot in hot water and leave for a few minutes. Drink the liquid 3 times a day before meals.
- Dip cotton balls in rose water or cold water and keep under the eyes for 10 minutes.
- Try placing cooled chamomile tea bags over and around the eyes.