- Avoid excessive exposure to sun. Stay protected from the sun to prevent the skin from becoming dehydrated and the damaging effects of UV rays on the skin. It may result in sunburn. Read the sunburn symptoms. You may also develop sun poisoning symptoms.
- Avoid excessive use of cosmetics. Health experts say that excessive usage of cosmetics by children enhances their risk to various types of cancer and other problems later in life. Most of cosmetic products use potentially dangerous chemicals like parabens and phthalates. The parabens chemical have been recently found in breast cancer tissues. This chemical can affect the hormone oestrogen. The phthalates are linked to lower sperm counts in men, premature breast development and allergies.
- Regular sleep gives our body the chance to work on repairing cells.
- Regular Exercising and massage stimulates circulation and blood flow
- Drinking eight glasses of water a day keeps skin plump, hydrated and healthy. The body is composed of 70% water. Well hydrated skin is healthy and young looking.
- Take only warm showers and stay away from prolonged sauna exposure.
- Before you go in the swimming pool, rub Vaseline with a few drops of lavender essential oil added, on your body to protect the skin from the harmful effects of chlorine.
- Eat a balanced diet, avoid foods high in fat, cholesterol and sodium.Follow an anti-aging diet rich in fruits and green leafy vegetables that are full of natural antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent free-radical damage to the body. If you do not get enough antioxidants from your diet, then your skin cells could lose their ability to function well.
Clean your skin every evening. The skin pores get blocked dut to exposure to air pollutions, wind, sun, air conditioning, dirt and grime from our fingers. After cleansing, using a natural skin toner like rose water.
It is really important to remove stale make-up, perspiration, dirt, dust, excess oil etc. Use a good, natural cleanser that removes only the impurities without stripping the skin of nutrients and moisture.
Wipe your face with a piece of cotton wool dipped in milk (unboiled or not heated). Almond oil is a good cleanser for skin under the eyes.
Remember that over cleansing can harm the skin.
For normal skin care, mix 1 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and apply it on your face. Clean it off after 20 minutes.
For dry skin care, use a mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey; it is a very good moisturizer and cleansing agent.
Mash a banana with some butter and rub on your hands.
Before Shower: Body brushing helps exfoliate, tone and stimulate the skin as well as helping the natural drainage of our lymph glands. Dry body brushing before a shower with a natural bristle brush. Always brush upwards to the heart in quick, rhythmic strokes and brush down to the heart when you reach the shoulder/neck area.