Thursday

Short Poems For You




Short Poems about Dreams


Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.




Allow everything else to vanish
Save and except your cherished dreams,
For your cherished dreams
Are treasured sleeplessly
By God Himself.




If you have a life of dreams
And want your dreams to be fulfilled,
Then be as pure as the dew of the dawn
And play on your heart-violin every day.




Gratitude Poems

God tells me
That He treasures
My happy heart’s
Gratitude-blossoms.

~




Short Poems on Love


The hands of
Power
Are often destructive.
The hands of
Love
Are always creative.





When
You talk about
Your wasted love,
You just increase
Your blind ignorance.
Love
Is never wasted.
Love
Can never be wasted,
For love is Infinity's Life.




My God is will and triumphs in his paths,
My God is love and sweetly suffers all.





The success of love is in the loving
- it is not in the result of loving.




Gratitude
Never takes anything
For granted,
But ingratitude does.

~

The gratitude of the heart
Can never be limited
By any mind-made boundaries.





Zen Poems

When mortals are alive, they worry about death.
When they're full, they worry about hunger.
Theirs is the Great Uncertainty.


But sages don't consider the past.
And they don't worry about the future.
Nor do they cling to the present.
And from moment to moment they follow the Way.





When all thoughts
Are exhausted
I slip into the woods
And gather
A pile of shepherd’s purse.


Blending with the wind,
Snow falls;
Blending with the snow,
The wind blows.
By the hearth
I stretch out my legs,
Idling my time away
Confined in this hut.
Counting the days,
I find that February, too,
Has come and gone
Like a dream.


Like the little stream
Making its way
Through the mossy crevices
I, too, quietly
Turn clear and transparent.






The world before my eyes is wan and wasted, just like me.
The earth is decrepit, the sky stormy, all the grass withered.
No spring breeze even at this late date,
Just winter clouds swallowing up my tiny reed hut.






I sit alone sad at my whitening hair
Waiting for ten o’clock in my empty house
In the rain the hill fruits fall
Under the lamp grasshoppers sound
White hairs will never be transformed
That elixir is beyond creation
To eliminate decrepitude
Study the absolute.





Tonight he walks with his light stick,
Stops by the Tiger Stream’s source,
Asks us to listen to the mountain sound,
Goes home again by clear waters.
Endless blossoms in the stillness.
Bird-cries deep in the valleys.
Now he’ll sit in empty hills.
In pine-winds, feel the touch of autumn.





Hope Poems

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all,


And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.


I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea,
Yet never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.





What keeps us alive, what allows us to endure?


I think it is the hope of loving,
or being loved.


I heard a fable once about the sun going on a journey
to find its source, and how the moon wept
without her lover’s
warm gaze.


We weep when light does not reach our hearts. We wither
like fields if someone close
does not rain their
kindness
upon
us.





In desperate hope I go and search for her in all the corners of
my room; I find her not.


My house is small and what once has gone from it can never be
regained.


But infinite is thy mansion, my lord, and seeking her I have to
come to thy door.


I stand under the golden canopy of thine evening sky and I lift
my eager eyes to thy face.


I have come to the brink of eternity from which nothing can
vanish--no hope, no happiness, no vision of a face seen through
tears.


Oh, dip my emptied life into that ocean, plunge it into the
deepest fullness. Let me for once feel that lost sweet touch in
the allness of the universe.




Hope is the thing...


Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,


And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.


I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.




Funny Short Poems


Wishes for Sons

i wish them cramps.
i wish them a strange town
and the last tampon.
I wish them no 7-11.


i wish them one week early
and wearing a white skirt.
i wish them one week late.


later i wish them hot flashes
and clots like you
wouldn't believe. let the
flashes come when they
meet someone special.
let the clots come
when they want to.


let them think they have accepted
arrogance in the universe,
then bring them to gynecologists
not unlike themselves.