It has been scientifically proven that cocoa butter will prevent skin degradation due to the harmful effects of the UV light in the rays of the sun – UV radiation generates free radicals that are very effective at destroying skin. Just look at the effect of sunburn! Cocoa butter is an excellent shield against these harmful UV rays.
Cocoa butter also contains a large number of highly bioavailable minerals that are more effective in their natural plant form than from a vitamin; calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper and iron. It also contains tryptophan, an essential amino acid that is involved in the formation of serotonin, the ‘feel good’ neurotransmitter, and also dopamine and phenylethylamine, that are all great components to helping you feel great. Cocoa butter works to help you feel better from the inside out.
Without a doubt, there are few better skin care products than cocoa butter.
Here’s the recap of this beautiful ingredient:
- Highly effective against fight free radicals
- Loaded with bioavailable vitamins and minerals
- Helps increase hydration
- Decreases skin roughness and scaling
- Supports UV damage control from overexposure to the sun
- Improves blood flow and vessel function
- Forms a micro-thin barrier that seals in moisture while still allowing your skin to easily breathe.