Tuesday

Friend Poems


Left alone in the past
by Brande


Left alone in the past
Forgotten friendships buried, never meant to last
She walked away from me
Why couldn't I foresee?
Time standing still
Another way to deal, another pill
The sky is gray with hate
One thing tore us apart, your fate
Now what will you do?
Who will confide in you?
Remember the times we shared?
Remember how well we paired?
The consequences are tough
You only knew how to treat me rough
Who is next in line?
Will you, too, break their spine?
Look at what you've done
This time I will stand in front of you, I won't run
Don't bother me anymore
All you touch, you tore
What you wanted, you took
Now I glance back, I take one last look
You left me alone in your past
Forgotten friendships buried, never meant to last








There to Here
by Lauriel Mariondatter


You ask me how we got from there to here,
And you tell me you can't remember,
And so I'll answer it for you,
Though perhaps not the way you want me to.


We got from here to there on the back of a unicorn racing through our dreams,
We got from here to there when night's silence thundered between us,
We got from here to there believing a song to be stronger than the worlds pulling us apart.


And we were right.


We stood in good relation to the earth,
We stood in good relation to the gods,
We stood in good relation to all that was beautiful,
You see, we were Alive


We got from there to here when we believed reality to be stronger than love,
We got from there to here when we forgot to look up and believe that gravity held no hold on our souls,
We got from there to here when we left our storybooks for some other distracting play,


And now I do not know my world,
And I cannot find my God,
And beauty dies,
Shut out in the cold.


And I believe we can get from here to there if we just believe,
And I believe we can get from here to there if you'll take my hand,
And I believe we can get from here to there - if only in our dreams,


And when you're dancing across the sky,
Somewhere between the stars and the moon,
Look for me by your side, I'll meet you with hands outstretched,
We'll go - from here to there, there to here, and back again.









TELL HER WE ARE FRIENDS
-Judith Pordon


After I gave you frozen agua, so that each tear
of longing could melt into your thirst,
drop by drop, as she watched, wondering
why that woman was so nice to you
and how long had you been drinking?


There is only
platonic love between us, as we gaze
at each other,
steady and clear,
our needs forever unmet.


She can have you every day.
Your socks, your hunger.
I'll take your thirst with me
and drink from those wide eyes
that look at me always, letting go.


Go ahead.
Te amo.









To my retired friend Wei

It is almost as hard for friends to meet
As for the morning and evening stars.
Tonight then is a rare event,
Joining, in the candlelight,
Two men who were young not long ago
But now are turning grey at the temples.


...To find that half our friends are dead
Shocks us, burns our hearts with grief.
We little guessed it would be twenty years
Before I could visit you again.
When I went away, you were still unmarried;
But now these boys and girls in a row
Are very kind to their father's old friend.


They ask me where I have been on my journey;
And then, when we have talked awhile,
They bring and show me wines and dishes,
Spring chives cut in the night-rain
And brown rice cooked freshly a special way.


...My host proclaims it a festival,
He urges me to drink ten cups --
But what ten cups could make me as drunk
As I always am with your love in my heart?
...Tomorrow the mountains will separate us;
After tomorrow-who can say?







Lies About Love
D H Lawrence

We are a liars, because
the truth of yesterday becomes a lie tomorrow,
whereas letters are fixed,
and we live by the letter of truth.
The love I feel for my friend, this year,
is different from the love I felt last year.
If it were not so, it would be a lie.
Yet we reiterate love! love! love!
as if it were a coin with a fixed value
instead of a flower that dies, and opens a different bud.






A Best Friend!

A friend that really cares,
All my secrets I can share!
There when i need a hand!
There to understand!
When I cry,
She will hold!
If I am away,
She will call me day by day!
If I need her at all,
She'll be there to stand tall!
Anything I say will be heard,
She will listen word by word!
If I am late,
She will open the gate!
As she looks in my eyes,
The sparkle she realizes!
She is the one that cares,
And the one that's there!
That's a best Friend!!





You're a friend of mine

You're a friend of mine
Striking out?
Well count me in
I'm gonna stand right by your side through thick or thin.
Ain't no doubt
Gonna win
A walk through hell ain't bad compared to where we've been.


Oh! you can depend on me
Over and over...
Know that I intend to be the one who always makes you laugh until you cry,
and you can call on me until the day you die.


Years may come and go
Here's one thing I know
All my life,
You're a friend of mine.
What if mountains fall?
Nothin' left at all!
I'll be fine
Becoz you're a friend of mine.




 
 
 

If we only understood.

Could we but draw back the curtain,
That surrounds each others lives,
See the naked heart and spirit;
Know what spur the action gives;
Often we would find it better,
Purer then we think we would.
We would love each other better,
If we only understood.







know a friend,

There's lots of things
With which I'm blessed,
My problems have been few,
But of all, this one's the best:
To have a friend like you.
In times of trouble
Friends will say,
"Just ask, I'll help you through it."
But you don't wait for me to ask,
You just get up and do it!
And I can think
of nothing more
That I could wisely do,
Than know a friend,
And be a friend,
And have a friend like you.






Heart of a friend.
H. W. Longfellow


I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.
I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.




William Shakespeare

Full many a glorious morning have I see
Flatter the mountain-tops with sovereign eye,
Kissing with golden face the meadows green,
Gilding pale streams with heavenly alchemy;
Anon permit the basest clouds to ride
With ugly rack on his celestial face,
And from the forlorn world his visage hide,
Stealing unseen to west with this disgrace:
Even so my sun one early morn did shine
With all-triumphant splendour on my brow;
But out, alack! He was but one hour mine;
The region cloud hath mask'd him from me now.
Yet him for this my love no whit disdaineth;
Suns of the world may stain when heaven's sun staineth.




A Friend…


Is someone that everyone needs
A friend
Is that special one
A friend
Is someone you tell EVERYTHING
A friend
Is someone you never lie to
A friend
Can be a boy or a girl
A friend
Is someone that is always their
A friend
Will always listen to you
A friend
Always has input to give
A friend
Will never leave you in the dust
A friend
Will help you through the thick and the thin
A friend
Will always stand by your side
A friend
Will never let you down
A friend
Is someone everyone needs
What would you do if you didnt have a friend?







Be A Friend

Be a friend. You don’t need money:
Just a disposition sunny;
Just the wish to help another
Get along some way or other;
Just a kindly hand extended
Out to one who’s unbefriended;
Just the will to give or lend,
This will make you someone’s friend.


Be a friend. You don’t need glory.
Friendship is a simple story.
Pass by trifling errors blindly,
Gaze on honest effort kindly,
Cheer the youth who’s bravely trying
, Pity him who’s sadly sighing;
Just a little labor spend
On the duties of a friend.


Be a friend. The pay is bigger
(Though not written by a figure)
Than is earned by people clever
In what’s merely self-endeavor.
You’ll have friends instead of neighbors
For the profits of your labors;
You’ll be richer in the end
Than a prince, if you’re a friend






Best Friends Forever

Remember me
When the days are long
You must stay strong
Remember me
Remember the times
Remember the rhymes
Friends, they stay together
But, changes like the weather
Remember me
Before I die
Remember me
But just don’t cry
Remember the time we always shared
Just tell me you’ve always cared
Remember the times we always had together
And remember we will always be best friends forever




Gone Away
- Erica

I think you’re gone away
And I don't know what to say...
I pushed you back from my sadness
I guess I can blame it on myself...
I pried and pried...
I shook my head no!
I now know where your hole would have lie...
Days and weeks of silent cries...
I apologize to you...
I apologize to myself...
I let another one go...
Slowly and quietly you stroll
With my heart our friendship...
I can put you in my collection...
Dust you every once in a while
Smile and remember...





A Perfect Friend
- Alianah M.

I thought I found that "Perfect Friend."
A friend that would always be by my side until the VERY end.
I thought I saw for once that I treated you right but I checkec again with my sight.
I thought you weren't like the rest but like before, you failed the test.
I thought we coud be the Best of Friends again for at least a bit,
But you decided its best to quit.
I thought I can live my life with that one "Perfect Friend' to help guide my way at Just the right time
But once again the life I want cannot be mine.
I thought when I would look left or right you would be there by my side.
Now that we are moving on the time will come that God will give me that "Perfect Friend"
But how long will I last until my heart is shattered glass again?




I'm Sorry
- Roisin & Paul McCann


I'm sorry if I hurt you,
In that really awful way.
So lets make up and forget
About what I did that day.
I'm really sorry.
I promise I won't do it again.
So, can we be friends from now on.





I'm Sorry
- Edward Iacona

The phrase "I'm Sorry" you may agree
Has turned into a social amenity
We say "I'm Sorry" more than Brenda Lee
Which was a hit song for her back in 1960.


You may not want to acknowledge the damage you've done
The pain that you've brought to spouse, daughter or son.
But if you've done wrong you must see the light
To take a pro-active step to returning things right


There will remain feelings that you can't erase
Lost time and memories that you can't replace
Because of your actions now nothings the same
Take a look in your mirror and know that there's blame.


Maybe those words are one's you won't do.
They may not exist in your new age point of view.
Or, don't want to hear the anger, it might make you blue
It's easier to leave your loved ones hurt and askew.


Just saying I'm sorry is not all it takes
No magical words to make gone the mistakes
Begin the road back with those words from your heart
They do not mark the end but maybe a start.


Your family's your bond like no other glue.
A great family we had, can we renew?
Deep in your heart you know what to do.
If I can say "I'm sorry" then I think you can too.





A friend always want to best for you


A friend is someone with whom, your thoughts,
dreams and secrets you can share.
And no matter what you say or do, you know
that they still care.
A friend is always ready to laugh
with you when you are glad.
But has shoulder for you to cry on
at those times when you are sad.


A friend always want the best for you
And they are not happy until you are too.


A friend is never jealous


Always Be With You


I'm not the same person...
My feelings have changed..
I have changed...
Everytime I try to talk...
Nothing comes out the same...
I want your friendship...
More than anything else...
But,if it means that I have to change..
I dont want it at all...
I miss our talks and our friendship.





 
To my Best Friend




I would never admit to anyone
My deep dark secret.
Afraid of what they may say,
I kept it to myself.


One day, i decided to tell my friend
The truth about myself.
She didn't turn her back to me,
She didn't stare in shock.


She hugged me
And told me that she was there for me
Whenever I needed to talk.


That hug told me
That everything was going to be ok
I would no longer be alone;
She was by my side.


She was always there
During my ups and downs,
She was always there
When I needed a friend.


I would like to thank her
From the bottom of my heart;
You have helped me so much more
Than you could ever imagine.


I will always consider you my "Best Friend"..
But,Things have changed..
I have changed...
I wish I could rewind my brain..
So that way I would be the same..




You're never alone




You're never alone, I'm always near,
When your troubled, down or blue.
All you have to do is call me,
I'm always here for you.


It doesn't matter where I'm at,
It doesn't matter when.
When you need someone to talk to,
I'm here to be your friend.


If you need someone to hold your hand,
or a hug to say I care.
If you need a shoulder to cry on,
for you I will be there.


So never think you are a burden,
when the weight gets to be to much.
You might find if look hard enough,
a good friend could be the right touch.


You're never alone, I'm always here,
through the good times and the bad.
I'm always here to be your friend,
I don't like to see you sad.





I HAVE A FRIEND


I have a friend
Who is perfect for me
She listens to all my problems
No matter how dumb they may be


She likes herself for who she is
And never tries to change
She tells me to be myself
And that I should never change


She was shy on the phone
But she would still call
And we would talk for hours
About nothing at all


We would talk about love and life
And discuss what we wanted to be
She knew just how I felt
And how happy I could be


She listens to me patiently
But never judges what I do or say
She helped with all my problems
And never went away


I never once felt judged by her
How much that meant to me
That I could tell her all my dreams
And she would listen to me


My friend never goes and tells
What is dear to me
She keeps it all bottled up inside
And doesn't spread it like a bee


I am thankful for that friend of mine
Our friendship will never end
And she will always be there
For she is my best friend




A FRIEND LIKE YOU
Everyone should have
a friend like you
You are so much fun to be with
And you are such a good person
You crack me up with laughter
And touch my heart with your kindness
You have a wonderful ability
To know when to offer advice
And when to sit in quiet support
Time after time
You've come to my rescue
And brightend so many
Of my routine days
And time after time
I've realized how fortunate
I am that my life includes you
I really do believe that
Everybody should have a friend like you
But so far it looks like
You are one of a kind!